Internal Job Number: 6516
K&L Gates LLP delivers legal services on an integrated and global basis, with more than 2,000 lawyers across five continents. Positioned at strategic intersections of the global economy, K&L Gates has one of the largest contingents of lawyers and offices across the United States of any law firm and strong local presence in key capital cities and world commercial and financial centers. The firm’s extensive latticework of lawyers, practices, and offices – more than 300 lawyers in Europe’s largest economies and one of the largest international practices in Asia among US law firms – creates a worldwide network to serve clients’ growing international needs, with lawyers counseling clients on their most sophisticated legal challenges in all areas of corporate and regulatory law and litigation.
Watch our video, “Grow Your Career at K&L Gates,” to really get a sense of what sets us apart from other law firms.
Responsible for identification and documentation of the firm’s collection efforts. This position works closely with the cash application team on resolution of payment discrepancies, prepares reports for assigned offices, and provides any follow up required. This role also analyzes overpayments to either issue refunds or apply to outstanding invoices per client direction.
Provides support to the cash application team and works closely with timekeepers and office administration to resolve discrepancies and collection issues.
- Identify overdue client accounts using the firmwide collection system and reporting processes
- Communicate with clients, attorneys, or billing personnel regarding the status of past due invoices
- Monitor payment discrepancies and work to identify causes of deduction or overpayment
- Prepare analysis of uncollectable accounts for outside agency referral, legal action, and/or potential write-off
- Prepare and distribute client matter aging reports for offices
- Prepare documentation for processing clients refunds
- Research and respond to data requests from internal and external personnel
- Perform various administrative tasks for assigned client accounts (i.e., address changes, W-9 requests)
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.
We seek exceptional employees who want to become a part of our practice on all levels, to help us expand, challenge our limits, and push us to grow into the future. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal growth, then K&L Gates could be the right place for you.
If you feel that you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this position, please use the apply now button. Please include a cover letter, salary requirements and an advertisement source in your application.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please.
• Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related area or relevant work experience in a customer service capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with diverse personalities while maintaining professionalism
- Strong technical aptitude with MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of the cash collection process
- Demonstrated ability to meet obligations effectively with confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
K&L Gates LLP
Email Resume: email@example.com